Philadelphia Car Injury Lawyer
Car accidents are a scary experience. But a car crash is even worse if you or someone you care about is injured. After an accident, you may feel upset, confused and overwhelmed. How could this happen? Accidents can result in serious injuries, emotional distress, and even death. Additionally, insurance will want you to sign paperwork, giving away your rights. You need an experienced attorney to protect your rights during this difficult time.
A Philadelphia car injury lawyer at Kane & Silverman can help. If you’re injured or if a loved one dies in a car crash, call us right away. Our experienced car injury lawyers will give you a free, no-pressure consultation. Get free legal advice for your specific situation.
What Causes A Car Accident?
Despite the name, car accidents are rarely “accidents.” Car accidents do not “happen” by accident. They happen because someone did something unsafe. This can include negligent or reckless behavior. Texting while driving, driving under the influence, or speeding are all reckless behaviors. Poor vehicle maintenance, unsafe roads, and defective parts can also lead to crashes. When a driver is negligent or a car is defective, all others are at risk.
Unsafe drivers can also cause a multi-vehicle accident. These chain-reaction crashes involve several vehicles. Many times, all insurance companies involved will deny claims until they get investigation results. In larger crashes, investigations can take years. But, if you wait too long to file a valid claim your claim will be denied. An experienced lawyer will protect your interests and get you the money you deserve.
The lawyers at Kane & Silverman want to make roads safer for everyone. By holding negligent drivers liable, we create a safer experience for everyone. We motivate carmakers to build safer vehicles.
Some causes of vehicle crashes include:
- Negligence – Negligence in a car accident means a driver was not acting in a safe and responsible manner.
- Reckless Driving – Reckless driving can be speeding or changing lanes erratically. Tailgating is a very common form of reckless driving. Driving on the wrong side of the road is another example.
- Poor Vehicle Maintenance – This includes worn tires, broken lights, and missing mirrors.
- Improper Repairs – Repair shops that provide bad repairs. Shops that use old parts instead of new, or don’t follow manufacturer repair guides.
- Defective Car or Defective Car Parts – A defective part can cause serious injuries. Car recall items need to be repaired as soon as possible.
What To Do After A Car Crash
- If you’ve been in a car crash, try to remain calm.
- Do not admit fault and never leave the scene of the accident.
- Always call the police.
- Call for medical help if needed.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s). This includes full name, address and contact phone/email of drivers and witnesses.
- If possible, before moving vehicles, take pictures. Use your phone to take photos of the accident scene from several angles. Include landmarks in your photos for location reference.
- Call your insurance company. If you have a local agent, call them first. Give them a general account of what happened. You don’t have to call your insurance right away. You should call your insurance within a day of the accident.
- Talk to an attorney before giving the other driver’s insurance a statement. Never give a statement without consulting a lawyer first. Insurance will try to pay out as little as possible. Often, insurance will not cover your costs. An experienced Philadelphia car injury lawyer will guide you through this process. Your legal team at Kane & Silverman will deal with the insurance company on your behalf.
Car Injury Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA, and Marlton, NJ
Having an attorney on your side after a car crash will help your peace of mind and well-being. If you or a loved one is injured in a car accident, contact a lawyer. Remember, there is no obligation. With us, the consultation is free. You can get legal advice with no pressure. We charge no fees unless we recover money in your case.
A Philadelphia car injury lawyer at Kane & Silverman will help you. We help people in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Our offices are in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Marlton, New Jersey. A member of our legal team is on-call 24/7 to help you when you need it most. We’re committed to protecting your rights and helping you. You will never be a number to us as we fight to get you the compensation you need. For a free, confidential evaluation of your case, call us at 215-232-1000 or fill out our online contact form. We are here to help.